Special Events & Marketing CoordinatorCompany: Children's Advocacy Center
Date Posted: June 5, 2018
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Smith County (CAC) provides comprehensive services to child victims of abuse and their non-offending caregivers in conjunction with a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) made up of law enforcement, child protective services and prosecution. The Special Events and Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for special events fundraising, marketing and public relations, as well as assisting with the development team’s short- and long-range strategic planning process.
- Plan and coordinate special event fundraising activities
- Manage a prospect list to include stewardship and solicitation of current and new special event sponsors
- Recruit and coordinate special event committees to solicit event sponsorships and oversee logistics of events
- Develop coordinated branding, marketing, and public relations materials for the Children’s Advocacy Center, including planning and implementation of:
- Community media plan, including writing and sending press releases
- Social media plan/presence, ongoing communication
- Website maintenance, especially for special events promotions
- Brochures and other written fundraising materials
- Electronic newsletters
- Ensure all messaging is consistent with CAC branding guidelines
- Attend trainings and conferences as required
- Assist with other duties as requested by the Executive Development Director
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- · Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) with degree in Marketing, Public Relations, non-profit management/administration
Training (licenses and certifications)
- · Prior relevant professional or volunteer experience in fundraising, special events, marketing or sales.
- · High level of written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, computer skills, collaborative capabilities.
- · Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook) and donor databases
Intellectual and Physical Requirements:
- · Ability to work well under pressure and respond quickly to challenges
- · Good judgment, flexibility and ability to work well in a team setting
- · Read, write, and speak English fluently
- · Ability to multi-task and balance the diverse requirements noted above
- · Bending, stooping, reaching and other movement required in performing the job. Lifting of office materials (up to 20 lbs)
- · Position involves work with sensitive information about child abuse victims
- · Desirable personal qualities include: tact, a team player, good judgment, flexibility, a positive attitude, high professional standards and ethics, and an ability to get along with a variety of people from various disciplines.
- · Employment dependent upon the successful completion of a background check, including criminal and CPS clearances.