Fund Development ManagerCompany: Justice for Our Neighbors - East Texas
Fund Development Manager – Part Time
Justice For Our Neighbors – East Texas is a faith based ministry of hospitality that welcomes immigrants by providing affordable, high-quality immigration legal services to low-income immigrants, engaging in advocacy for immigrant rights, and offering education to communities of faith and the public.
Position Title: Fund Development Manager
Reports To: Chairperson of Fund Development Task Force/JFON-ET Board Member
Time: Part time – 20 hours a week
The Fund Development Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of an annual fund development plan. The Manager serves on the Leadership Team under the Board President and as a partner to the Program Administrator and the Staff Attorney in furthering the goals of the organization.
With the Fund Development Task Force
- Develop an annual fund-raising plan, including budget.
- Develop and implement at least 1 annual fund campaign through mail and email.
- Identify and apply to foundations, businesses, and other entities for funding.
- Identify and secure contributions from congregations – increasing the number each year.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit donations of at least $5,000 from individuals with means.
- In partnership with Communications and Marketing, assess social media opportunities and implement when feasible.
- Assess the organization’s capacity for special fund-raising events and develop a plan to implement when appropriate.
- Send an acknowledgement letter to each donor, specifying the amount of the contribution and thanking the donor for the gift.
Track income from donors
Keep donor data base current
Recruit volunteers to assist on Fund Development Task Force and with fund development activities
Other duties as assigned
- Strong passion for and commitment to the mission of JFONET and the rights of immigrants.
- Demonstrated success in fund raising for non-profit organizations, for including big asks and the use of both social media and special events.
- Team player, able to lead and follow.
- Experience in managing a committee
- Proven ability to work with people of varying religious, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds
- Strong written and oral communication, listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office set
- Creative thinker
- Highly organized
Please send resume to Gail McGlothin, JFON-ET, P.O. Box 1058, Tyler, TX 75710 or email email@example.com